Oakley with Wootton has an active children’s and young people’s ministry. The Parochial Church Council (the ‘PCC’) takes seriously its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of all children and young people as well as Vulnerable Adults that are entrusted to the church’s care or who use its services or participate in any of its groups. The attached Policy outlines the procedures and standards expected by the Church.
As part of the Church mission the PCC is committed to:
- listening to, relating effectively and valuing children and young people as well as Vulnerable Adults and ensuring their protection whilst participating in all Church activities
- encouraging and supporting parents and carers
- ensuring that children’s and youth as well as Vulnerable Adults workers are given appropriate support and training
- ensuring there is a robust system for dealing with concerns about possible abuse
Areas of Policy
The PCC recognises that many children and young people as well as Vulnerable Adults are the victims of neglect, or physical, sexual or emotional abuse. The PCC have, therefore, adopted the policy contained in this document, setting out agreed guidelines relating to the following areas:
- appointing children’s / youth workers
- supervision of activities and practice issues
- responding to allegations of abuse, including those made against leaders and members of the church
- helping victims of abuse
- working with offenders.
All PCC members and those within Oakley with Wootton who work with Children, Young People or Vulnerable Adults are required to have read this Manual.